In his years of practice, Dr. Vijay Anand Reddy has established a number of benchmarks in Oncology in India. He believes in adopting modern methods of treatment, and has successfully performed various first-time procedures.
- 1. First Doctor to initiate Exact Track Stereotypic Radio surgery procedures in India.
- 2. Conducted the first international IMRT Teaching Course at Hyderabad.
- 3. Conducted several workshops on Tumor Volume Delineation at Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad and Andhra Pradesh.
- 4. Pioneered Hypofractionated Radiotherapy procedures in Cancer of the Prostate.
- 5. Innovations in short course Radiation in Cancer of the Prostate.
- 6. Performed the highest number of Stereotactic Radiosurgery Procedures in India.
- 7. Designed several innovations in treatment of Brain metastasis.
- 8. First Intra Ocular Brachytherapy procedure at L.V Prasad Eye Institute was performed by Dr. P. Vijay Anand Reddy and Dr. Santosh Honavar.
- 9. Performed first Peripheral Stem Cell Bone Marrow Transplantation in Andhra Pradesh.
- 10. Performed the first Intra-coronary Radiotherapy procedure at Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad.
- 11. Performed the first Per-Operative Brain Interstitial Implant in India at Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad.
- 12. Delivered P.S. Ghatge Memorial Oration, Indian Medical Association, Hyderabad on November 18, 2005.
- 13. Only Investigator from India to participate in Phase III Randomised trial – Concurrent Chemotherapy (Inj. Docetaxel) + Radiation therapy in unresectable Non Small Cell Lung Cancer.